100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全

今天,我们一起来学习下和浴室有关的相关词汇吧!

官方建议:结合视频一起学习,知识点会记得更牢固!

(温馨提示:视频为双语版本,先看视频学习一遍,再回来看文本进行深度学习,效果更显著哦)

视频文本:

What is this? Do you know what is called?

这是什么 你知道它叫什么吗

In this lesson, I'm gonna teach you bathroom vocabulary.

这堂课 我要教你一些关于浴室的词汇

This is called a plunger.

水拔子(厕所堵塞疏通工具)

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(1)

And you use it if your toilet gets clogged.

如果你的马桶堵住了 它就能派上用场了

That's a really bad thing right?

那真的很糟糕 是吧

If your toilet gets clogged, you have to take a plunger and unclog it.

如果你的马桶堵塞了 你得拿个水拔子把它疏通

So this is called a toilet brush.

这个叫马桶刷

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(2)

And this room, what's it called?

还有这个 你会叫什么

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(3)

Well, it can be called a lot of different things.

它可以有很多种不同的说法

It can be called "a bathroom, a restroom, a washroom, a toilet, a loo, the John..."

它可以有以上的说法来表达

Okay it can be called "the John."

the John也可以用来形容洗手间

Now in Canada, we usually use this word here "washroom."

在加拿大 我们会用"washroom"

And in the UK, they use the word "loo."

在英国 我们会用"loo"

and a very casual way to describe this what is "the John."

更加口语化的表达就是"the John"

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(4)

So "the John" is just sort of...I don't know...maybe friends would use it with each other,

所以 "the John"这个说法可能在朋友之间使用比较频繁

so a polite way to say it if you're at someone's house, you could say "Could I use your bathroom?"

如果你在别人家里做客 想去洗手间的话 你就可以这样说"Could I use your bathroom?"

That's very nice and polite.

那样说显得比较友好和礼貌

But like I said, if you're at your friend's house, and it's a casual situation, you can just say "Hey, I need to use the John."

不过就像我前面所说的 如果你是在你要好的朋友家里 你可以直接说Hey, I need to use the John.

Okay, I don't know why it's called the John,

好吧 我也不知道为什么会叫the John

because that's a nice name that's people are named John,

因为这个名字很好听 人们都喜欢以John来作为名字

so it's a little bit disrespectful to people named John to name the bathroom after.

所以我感觉 以John来称呼洗手间有点不太尊重人

I don't know, I don't know where that comes from.

我不清楚 我不知道这个称呼是从哪来的

So when you're in the bathroom, you're gonna do one of two things.

当你上洗手间时 你会做其中的一件或两件事

You're gonna go poo or pee.

你要么上大号 要么上小号

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(5)

So you could say "I need to go pee or I need to go poo."

所以你可以说 我需要上小号或上大号

Now there's a lot of different words we can also use for these things.

我们还有其他的单词来表达小号或大号

For example,

举个例子

"Poop, crap, dung, shit, dump, feces, bowel movement."

以上说法可以用来表示上大号

"Pee, piss, leak, urine."

以上说法可以用来表示上小号

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(6)

Now in an official set, like if if you're at a doctor, the medical words for this is "urine, bowel movement or feces."

在看医生的情况下 医学术语只能用"urine,bowel movement,feces"来表达

Okay, those are sort of your official words.

那些是专业术语

but the rest of these words are just for like normal people.

剩下的那些表达就是我们日常使用的了

Now for some reason, we use the verb "take."

由于某些原因 我们会用到take这个动词

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(7)

when we talk about doing a lot of things in the bathroom.

在浴室里做很多事情时 我们可以用take来表达

For example, I'm going to take a shower.

举个例子 我要去洗澡了

I'm going to take a bath.

我要去洗澡

I'm going to take a dump.

我要去上大号

I'm going to take a piss.

我要上小号

That's interesting, why do we use the verb "take"?

有点意思 我们为什么会用take呢

When we're not taking anything we're leaving something behind, right?

我们不是"拿走"什么东西 对吧

It doesn't make any sense, but this is English, English doesn't make sense.

这说不通 但这就是英语 英语就是说不通的

So this is called toilet paper,

这个叫厕纸

100个最常用英语单词大全 常用英语单词分类大全(8)

and there's a debate in our culture.

在我们的文化里 一直有个争论

whether the toilet paper should come off the front of the roll,

厕纸是应该从纸卷的正面垂下

or off the back of the roll.

还是在纸卷的反面垂下呢

So what do you think?

你认为呢

How do they do it in your culture?

你们的文化里是怎么看待的呢

Is one way more like polite or something like that...

哪一种方式更有礼貌还是...

Sometimes people like in our culture, they say it's better if it comes off the front because it's easier,

我们这边的人说 从正面垂下会好一点 因为这样使用起来更方便

and then some people say, well no it's more proper if it comes off the back.

但有些人认为从背面垂下更合适

Personally I don't really care.

其实我个人并不是很在意

but it makes sense if it comes off the front because then you can grab it easier right?

从正面垂下也挺好的 因为你去拿纸巾的时候更方便 对吧

So my probably...my preference would be to have it come up the front,

所以 可能 我个人更偏向于说从正面垂下

but I don't know.

我也不确定啦

好啦,今天的英语教学就到这里啦。

想了解更多实用的学英语方法,欢迎关注我,期待大家的留言!我们下期不见不散!

点击【了解更多】,免费获得388元外教课

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页