伊索寓言朋友与熊英文版(伊索寓言17金斧头)

伊索寓言朋友与熊英文版(伊索寓言17金斧头)(1)

The golden ax金斧头(上)

It is a hot summer's day. A woodcutter is cutting wood in the forest.

这是个炎热的夏日,一个砍柴人正在森林里砍柴。

woodcutter1:It's a very hot today. (He wipes his forehead.) But I must cut more wood. My mother is very sick. I must buy her some medicine.

砍柴人甲:今天真热啊!(他擦了擦额头)不过我得再多砍一些柴。妈妈病得很厉害,我得给她买些药。

The woodcutter is busy cutting wood.suddenly, his ax slips from his hands and goes flying into a nearby pond.

砍柴人忙着砍柴。突然,他的斧头从手中滑了出去,飞落到附近的池塘里。

woodcutter1:Oh, no! My ax fell into the pond! That was my only ax! I still have to cut more wood. What shall I do? My poor mother!

砍柴人甲:哦,不!我的斧头掉进了池塘里!那是我唯一的斧头!我还要砍很多柴呢。我该怎么办?我可怜的妈妈!

The woodcutter1 sits near the pond and just stars into the water. Then he starts to cry.

砍柴人坐在池塘边,盯着水面。然后他开始哭泣。

spirit:Young man, why are you crying?

精灵:年轻人,你为什么哭呢?

woodcutter1:My ax fell in the pond. It's my only ax. I can't get it out.

砍柴人甲:我的斧头掉到池塘里了。那是我唯一的斧头,我拿不回来了。

spirit:You are crying because of an ax?

精灵:你是为了一把斧头哭吗?

woodcutter1:No. I am crying because of my poor mother. I have to cut a lot of wood to buy my mother's medicine, but without my ax, I can't cut any wood.

砍柴人甲:不,是因为我可怜的妈妈。我得砍很多柴来给妈妈买药。但是,没有斧头,我一根柴也砍不了。

spirit:Hmmm... well then, I shall find your ax, just wait here.

精灵:嗯.......那好吧,我会找到你的斧头,你在这里等一会。

The spirit disappears into the pond for a few minutes and comes out with a shiny ax.

精灵消失在池塘里,几分钟后,他拿着一把亮闪闪的斧头出来了。

spirit:Is this your ax?

精灵:这是你的斧头吗?

woodcutter1:No, sir. That's not my ax. That ax is made of gold.

砍柴人甲:不是,先生。这不是我的斧头。这把斧头是金子做的。

spirit:Are you sure? Look again!

精灵:你确定吗?再看一下。

woodcutter1:Yes, I am very sure. That's not my ax.

砍柴人甲:没错,我非常确定。那不是我的斧头。

spirit:Wait again. I will be back.

精灵:再等一会。我马上回来。

The spirit disappears into the pond again and comes back with another ax.

精灵再度消失在池塘里,然后带着另外一把斧头出来了。

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页