英文怎么用词更地道(超地道英语中如何用)

1. What's up with him today? He has a face like thunder!

他今天怎么了?他看着怒气冲冲的。

2. I'm a bit disappointed in John and David. It turned out they were only fair-weather friends.

我对约翰和大卫有点失望,原来他们不过是靠不住的酒肉朋友。

3. We don't have a snowball's chance of winning that contract!

我们根本就没有一点希望能签那份合同。

4. Don't worry about those two arguing. it's just a storm in a teacup.

不用为他俩的争执担心,他们不过是小题大做罢了。

5. The exam was a breeze.

这次考试真是太容易了。

6. We're snowed under at work.

我工作忙得不可开交。

7. They're blowing hot and cold over this issue. It's impossible to know what they want!

他们在这件事情上摇摆不定,根本不可能知道他们到底想要什么。

8. He's always working in his garden -- come rain or shine.

他总在花园里干活,风雨无阻。

英文怎么用词更地道(超地道英语中如何用)(1)

9. It's going to get very busy on Thursday. Today and tomorrow are just the lull before the storm.

我们周四会很忙的,今天和明天只是暴风雨来临之前暂时的宁静。

10. I don't want to spend this extra money. I'll save it up for a rainy day.

我不想把这些额外收入花掉,我打算存起来以备不时之需。

11. I'm going to see which way the wind blows before asking her about a raise.

我打算先观察一下形势,然后再提加薪的事。

12. You'll steal her thunder if you wear that dress tonight!

如果你今晚穿那条裙子,你会抢了她的风头的!

13. I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment.

我觉得不太舒服。

14. This recession is quite serious and it's becoming difficult to weather the storm.

这次经济衰退很严重,很难扛过去啊!

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页