老友记学英语教程(老友记英语教学)



英语台词1:


-I don't even know how I would go about it!

我甚至不知道该怎么办

-Oh, oh, what I do is, uh...

哦 哦 我做的是 呃

-I look a woman up and down, and I say

我上下打量着一个女人 然后说

-"Eh..."

-How you doin'?

你好吗

-Oh, please!

哦 拜托

-Hey.

-How you doin'?

嘿 你好吗

-How you doin'?

你好吗


英语知识点1:


Probably the most prominent line from Friends.

可能这是老友记里最著名的台词了

This is Joey's notorious pick-up line.

这是乔伊著名的搭讪台词

Hey, how you doin'?

嘿 你好吗


A pick-up line is something one says to flirt.

搭讪语是某人用来向对方调情的

老友记学英语教程(老友记英语教学)(1)

-Did it hurt?

你受伤了吗

-What?

什么

-When you fell from heaven, you angel!

当你从天上下凡坠落的时候 就像个天使


Maybe you have noticed this before...

也许之前你已经知道了这些

but in colloquial American English...

但是在美式口语中

it is common to drop the "G" of the gerund.

省略G这个字母是很常见的

What's more, maybe you've seen that this is grammatically incorrect.

另外 你可能会发现这在语法上是不准确的

What you learned in school was..."How are you doing?"

你在学校学习到的是"How are you doing?"

Right?

对吧

Well, native speakers often omit the auxiliary verb.

好吧 以英语为母语的人通常都会省略助动词

Although natives do this sometimes...

尽管以英语为母语的人有时会这样做

and it is important to be aware of and understand...

但要意识并理解这一点很重要

I would not recommend that you attempt to speak like this...

我不建议您尝试这样说

until you have a very advanced level of English.

除非您有非常高级的英语水平

Also, notice the connected speech.

另外 要注意连读

This is a crucial reason why natives seem to be so difficult to understand...

这就是为什么那些以英语为母语的人讲话很难让人听懂的重要原因

and why it appears that we speak really fast.

讲话语速真的很快


32

00:01:31,700 --> 00:01:32,905

Central Perk.

咖啡店名


英语知识点2:


Central Perk

老友记学英语教程(老友记英语教学)(2)

This is the name of the coffee shop that appears in practically every episode.

这是几乎每集都会出现的咖啡店名

What you probably didn't know is that it is actually a joke.

您可能不知道的是 这实际上是一个玩笑

A play on words.

是一种文字游戏

You've heard of the Central Park in New York City, right?

您听说过纽约市的中央公园 对吗

Perk relates to coffee.

Perk这个单词与咖啡有关

First, it is short for the word percolate.

首先 它是percolate单词的缩写

Percolate means to brew coffee by forcing hot water through the ground particles of coffee beans.

渗滤意味着使热水冲过咖啡粉的研磨颗粒来冲泡咖啡

老友记学英语教程(老友记英语教学)(3)

-While the coffee perks,I'm going to take the dog for a walk.

-等咖啡煮熟了 我就去遛狗


We can also call the machine that makes this type of coffee a coffee percolator.

我们也可以将能制作这种类型的咖啡机器称为咖啡过滤器


Furthermore, we use "perk" as a phrasal verb meaning to become or make more lively or cheerful.

此外 我们使用perk作为动词短语 可以表达使自己变得更加活泼或开朗的意思


-Perk up,you may have failed this exam,but I'll help you study for the next one.

-振作起来 虽然你这次考砸了 但是我可以帮你准备下一次的考试


Finally, we use it to describe the feeling that we get from drinking coffee.

最后 我们可以用它来描述喝咖啡后的感觉


老友记学英语教程(老友记英语教学)(4)


-He couldn't stop yawning, but he drank a couple cups of coffee and perked up.

-虽然他还是不停打哈欠 但喝了几杯咖啡后 还是感觉振作了一点

好啦,今天的英语教学就到这里啦。

想了解更多实用的学英语方法,欢迎关注我,期待大家的留言!我们下期不见不散!

点击【了解更多】马上获得388元成人外教课

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页