英语洗衣服正确步骤(用英文教宝宝洗衣服)
作者:小雅和英美友人
★ 脚“沾地”,英文怎么说?
★ Basin是脸盆还是洗手池?
★ 衣架到底是hanger还是drying rack?
Washing Socks 洗袜子Child: Mom, my feet stink.
宝宝:妈妈,我的脚好臭啊。
Mom: It's probably your dirty socks, not your feet, that stink.
妈妈:可能是你的脏袜子臭,不是脚臭。
Why don't you put on a pair of clean ones?
你换一双干净的吧。
Child: I don't have any clean socks.
宝宝:我没有干净袜子了。
Mom: I think you're old enough
妈妈:我觉得你已经足够大了,
to learn how to clean your own socks.
可以学学怎么自己洗袜子了。
Child: Okay, I can do it.
宝宝:好的,我可以的。
Mom: Alright, go get all of your dirty socks
好的,把你的脏袜子都找到,
and meet me in the bathroom.
然后到洗手间来找我。
I'll teach you how to wash them by hand.
我教你怎么手洗袜子。
In the bathroom 在洗手间
Child: Here are all my dirty socks.
宝宝:这些是我所有的脏袜子。
Mom: Good.
妈妈:好的。
First, we're gonna fill this basin with warm water.
首先,我们往盆里接点温水。
提到basin,英国人大多首先想到洗手池,但也认同洗手池叫sink,会管塑料脸盆叫plastic bowl。提到basin,美国人大多首先想到塑料脸盆。
人们也会用plugged sink-塞上塞子的洗手池洗袜子。
Then put your socks in the water.
然后把你的袜子放到水里。
Submerge them for a few seconds to make sure they get wet.
把它们浸到水中弄湿。
Child: Now what?
宝宝:现在呢?
Mom: Take the bar of laundry soap
妈妈:拿起这块肥皂,
and dip it in the water
在水里蘸一蘸,
to get it a little wet.
让它稍微有点湿。
Child: OK, what's next?
宝宝:好的,然后呢?
Mom: We scrub the heel and toe areas of the sock.
妈妈:咱们搓一搓袜子后跟儿和脚趾头那儿,
Child: Why those areas?
宝宝:为什么是这些地方啊?
Mom: They're the dirtiest.
妈妈:这些地方是最脏的。
They touch the floor the most.
它们沾地最多。
Child: You're right.
宝宝:你说得对。
Mom: So we need to rub the soap over the heel area.
妈妈:所以我们需要在后跟那儿打点肥皂。
Count slowly to 5 while you rub.
搓的时候慢慢数5下。
Child: All done.
宝宝:好了。
Mom: Now rub the toe area
妈妈:然后搓搓脚趾头那儿,
and count slowly to 5 again.
也慢慢数到5。
Child: OK.
宝宝:好的。
What's next?
然后呢?
Mom: We let the socks soak in the water for a few minutes.
妈妈:咱们把袜子在水里泡几分钟。
Child: I think it's been a few minutes.
宝宝:我觉得已经有几分钟了。
It's 是it has的缩写。
Mom: OK.
妈妈:好的。
Take the socks out of the basin
把袜子从盆里拿出来,
and squeeze as much water out of them as you can.
然后把水尽量都拧出来。
Squeeze和后面提到的wring在洗衣服场景可以互换。
Child: OK.
宝宝:好的。Mom: I'll pour the soapy water out,
妈妈:我把肥皂水倒了,
and then refill it with clean water.
然后再接上清水。
Child: What's the clean water for?
宝宝:清水是干什么用的?
Mom: We'll use it to rinse the soap out of the socks.
妈妈:我们用它来投袜子。
Now put the socks back in the water.
现在把袜子放回水里。
Move them around a little
在水里稍微动一动,
to get the water through them.
让它们过一遍水。
Child: Are we almost done?
宝宝:好了吗?
Mom: Almost.
妈妈:差不多了。
The last step is gently wringing all of the water out of them,
最后一步是轻轻把水拧干,
and then hanging them on a clothesline, hanger or drying rack to dry.
然后把它们挂到晾衣绳、衣架或者晾衣架上晾干。
Child: Will do!
宝宝:好的!
更多洗衣服相关英文,请点击下方链接,学习《你和宝宝说英语》亲子英文精品课第24章 做家务
,
免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com