世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)

“泰戈尔是一个人格洁白的诗人”,“一个怜悯弱者,同情于被压迫人们的诗人”,“一个鼓励爱国精神,激起印度青年反抗英国帝国主义的诗人”。(沈雁冰评)

拉宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔(1861年—1941年),印度诗人、文学家、社会活动家、哲学家和印度民族主义者。代表作有《吉檀迦利》、《飞鸟集》、《眼中沙》、《四个人》、《家庭与世界》、《园丁集》、《新月集》、《最后的诗篇》、《戈拉》、《文明的危机》等。

世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)(1)

(拉宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔)

《飞鸟集》包括325首清丽的无标题小诗,首次出版于1916年。这些诗的基本题材多为极其常见事物,不外乎小草、落叶、飞鸟、星辰、河流等等。

毋庸置疑,泰戈尔是伟大的诗人,《飞鸟集》和泰戈尔是印度的财富,是一代人的记忆,泰戈尔是伟大的诗人,今天,我们一起品味50条精选小诗,重温经典。

中英对照

1.夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。

秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.

And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sign.

2.世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里。

Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprintsin my words.

3.如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。

If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.

4.她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。

Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.

5.有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。

我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。

Once we dreamt that we were strangers.

We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.

6. “海水呀, 你说的是什么?”

“是永恒的疑问。”

“天空呀, 你回答的话是什么?”

“是永恒的沉默。”

What language is thine, O sea?

The language of eternal question.

What language is thy answer, O sky?

The language of eternal silence.

世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)(2)

7.我今晨坐在窗前,世界如一个路人似的,停留了一会,向我点点头又走过去了。

I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stopsfor a moment, nods to me and goes.

8.你看不见你自己,你所看见的只是你的影子。

What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.

9.我不能选择那最好的。

是那最好的选择我。

I cannot choose the best.

The best chooses me.

10.枯竭的河床,并不感谢它的过去。

The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.

11.你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this

I had been waiting long.

12.群星不怕显得向萤火那样。

The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.

13.我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似地,遇见了,走近了。

海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。

Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.

The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart.

世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)(3)

14.我的白昼已经完了,我像一只泊在海滩上的小船,谛听着晚潮跳舞的乐声。

My day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach, listeningto the dance-music of the tide in the evening.

15.麻雀看见孔雀负担着它的翎尾,替它担忧。

The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.

16“完全”为了对“不全”的爱,把自己装饰得美丽。

The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.

17神对人说:“我医治你所以伤害你,爱你所以惩罚你。”

God says to man, I heal you therefore I hurt, love you thereforepunish.

18谢谢火焰给你光明,但是不要忘了那执灯的人,他是坚忍地站在黑暗当中呢。

Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder

standing in the shade with constancy of patience.

19.错误经不起失败,但是真理却不怕失败。

Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.

20.这寡独的黄昏,幕着雾与雨,我在我的心的孤寂里,感觉到它的叹息。

In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed eveningveiled with mist and rain.

21.我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。

We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.

22.人对他自己建筑起堤防来。

Man barricades against himself.

23.使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。

Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.

24.回声嘲笑她的原声,以证明她是原声。

The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.

25.我投射我自己的影子在我的路上,因为我有一盏还没有燃点起来的明灯。

I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that hasnot been lighted.

世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)(4)

26.人走进喧哗的群众里去,为的是要淹没他自己的沉默的呼号。

Man goes into the noisy crowed to drown his own clamour of silence.

27.终止于衰竭是“死亡”,但“圆满”却终止于无穷。

That which ends in exhaustion is death, but the perfect ending isin the endless.

28.道路虽然拥挤,却是寂寞的,因为它是不被爱的。

The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.

29.如果你不等待着要说出完全的真理,那末把真话说出来是很容易的。

To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.

30.如果你把所有的错误都关在门外时,真理也要被关在门外面了。

If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.

31.让我设想,在群星之中,有一颗星是指导着我的生命通过不可知的黑暗的。

Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides mylife through the dark unknown.

32.死文字的尘土沾着你。

用沉默去洗净你的灵魂吧。

The dust of the dead words clings to thee.

Wash thy soul with silence.

33.在梦中,一切事都散漫着,都压着我,但这不过是一个梦呀。但我醒来时,我便将觉得这些事都已聚集在你那里,我也便将自由了。

This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress.

I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.

34.采着花瓣时,得不到花的美丽。

By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

35.思想以他自己的语言喂养它自己而成长起来了。

Thought feeds itself with its own words and grows.

36.最好的东西不是独来的,

它伴了所有的东西同来。

The best does not come alone.

It comes with the company of the all.

37.我的忧思缠绕着我,要问我它自己的名字。

My sad thoughts tease me asking me their own names.

38.我的心向着阑珊的风张了帆,要到无论何处的荫凉之岛去。

My heart has spread its sails to the idle winds for the shadowyisland of Anywhere.

世界以痛吻我而我却报之以歌(世界以痛吻我我报之以歌)(5)

39.当我去时,让我的思想到你那里来,如那夕阳的余光,映在沉默的星天的边上。

Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone, like the after glowof sunset at the margin of starry silence.

40.在我的心头燃点起那休憩的黄昏星吧,然后让黑夜向我微语着爱情。

Light in my heart the evening star of rest and then let the nightwhisper to me of love.

41.我们在热爱世界时便生活在这世界上。

We live in this world when we love it.

42.让死者有那不朽的名,但让生者有那不朽的爱。

Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living theimmortality of love.

43.我看见你,象那半醒的婴孩在黎明的微光里看见他的母亲,于是微笑而又睡去了。

I have seen thee as the half-awakened child sees his mother in thedusk of the dawn and then smiles and sleeps again.

44.我将死了又死,以明白生是无穷无尽的。

I shall die again and again to know that life is inexhaustible.

45.我梦见一颗星,一个光明岛屿,我将在那里出生。在它快速的闲暇深处,我的生命将成熟它的事业,象阳光下的稻田。

I dream of a star, an island of light, where I shall be born andin the depth of its quickening leisure my life will ripen its workslike the rice-field in the autumn sun.

46.我这一刻感到你的眼光正落在我的心上,象那早晨阳光中的沉默落在已收获的孤寂的田野上一样。

I feel thy gaze upon my heart this moment like the sunny silenceof the morning upon the lonely field whose harvest is over.

47.在这喧哗的波涛起伏的海中,我渴望着咏歌之鸟。

I long for the Island of Songs across this heaving Sea of Shouts.

48.夜的序曲是开始于夕阳西下的音乐,开始于它对难以形容的黑暗所作的庄严的赞歌。

The prelude of the night is commenced in the music of the sunset,in its solemn hymn to the ineffable dark.

49.世界以痛吻我,我报之以歌。

The world has kissed my soul with its pain, asking for its returnin songs.

50.“我相信你的爱。”让这句话做我的最后的话。

Let this be my last word, that I trust thy love.

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页