形容身体的短语(身体部位短语学起来)
1.head /hed/ 头;头部
- nod your head 点头
- shake your head 摇头
- hang your head 低头
- get your head down 睡觉
- keep your head保持冷静
- lose your head 昏了头,失去理智
2.shoulder /ˈʃəʊldə $ ˈʃoʊldər/ 肩;肩膀;肩部【复数shoulders】
- shoulder to shoulder(with sb.)肩并肩,紧挨着
- rub shoulders with sb.和某人交往
- shrug your shoulders 耸了耸肩(=raise them to show that you do not know or care about something)
- look over your shoulder回头看(=look behind you)
3.knee /niː/ 膝盖;膝关节;膝部【复数knees】
- bend your knees弯曲膝盖
- fall on your knees跪下
- go down on one knee单膝下跪
e.g.He went down on one knee and asked her to marry him. 他单膝跪下向她求婚。
- at your mother's knee小时候;孩提时;
e.g.I learnt these songs at my mother's knee.我小时候学过这些歌。
- the bee's knees出类拔萃的人
e.g.She thinks she's the bee's knees. 她自以为很了不起。
4.toe /təʊ $ toʊ/ 脚趾【复数toes】
- big toe (=the largest of your toes)大脚趾
- from head/top to toe从头到脚
- touch your toes 够够你的脚趾;摸摸你的脚趾。
5.eye /aɪ/ 【复数eyes】
- brown/blue/grey/green eyes棕色/蓝色/灰色/绿色的眼睛
- sleepy /tired eyes睡眼惺忪;困倦的眼睛
- the naked eye 肉眼
- the apple of sb's eye掌上明珠
- open your eyes睁开眼睛
- open your/sb's eyes (to sth)(使人)长见识(或开眼界、认清事实)
e.g.Travelling really opens your eyes to other cultures.旅游真正能使人开阔眼界,认识其他文化.
- close your eyes闭上眼睛
- rub your eyes 揉眼睛
e.g.Don't rub your eyes!别揉眼睛!
- in sb's eyes(=to sb's eyes)按某人的意见;在某人眼里;依某人看
e.g.She can do no wrong in her father's eyes.在她父亲看来,她不可能做坏事。
- keep an eye on sb/sth 照看;留神;留意
e.g.We've asked the neighbours to keep an eye on the house for us while we are away.我们已请邻居在我们离开时帮我们照看一下房子。
- see/look at sth through sb's eyes从别人的角度看
e.g.Try looking at it through her eyes for a change.设身处地站在她的角度想想这事吧。
- catch sb's eye引起某人注意;惹人注目
e.g.Can you catch the waiter's eye?你能引起服务员的注意吗?
eyebrow /ˈaɪbraʊ/ 眉毛
eyelid /ˈaɪlɪd/ 眼皮;眼睑
eyelashes /ˈaɪlæʃɪz/ 睫毛
pupil /ˈpjuːpl/ 瞳孔;小学生
iris /ˈaɪrɪs/ 虹膜
eyeball /ˈaɪbɔːl/ 眼球
6.ear /ɪə $ ɪr/ 耳朵
- long-eared/short-eared长耳朵的/短耳朵的 e.g. a long-eared rabbit
- the inner ear 内耳
- the outer ear 外耳
- put your hands over your ears用手捂住你的耳朵
- go in one ear and out the other 一只耳朵进另一只耳朵出;当作耳边风
e.g.Everything I tell them just goes in one ear and out the other.我无论对他们说什么都只被当作耳边风。
- music to your ears 好消息;令人满意的信息
- not believe your ears/eyes不相信自己的耳朵(或眼睛);对所闻(或所见)非常吃惊
e.g.I couldn't believe my eyes when she walked in.她走进来时我简直不相信自己的眼睛。
- be all ears全神贯注地听;聚精会神地听
e.g.‘Do you know what he said?’ ‘Go on─I'm all ears.’“你知道他说什么了吗?”“讲吧——我洗耳恭听。”
7.mouth /maʊθ/ 嘴;入口;
- a big/large/wide/small mouth大嘴巴/小嘴巴
- a full/thin mouth丰满的嘴巴/薄薄的嘴巴
- open /close your mouth张开/闭上嘴巴
- keep your mouth shut 守口如瓶;保持缄默
e.g.I've warned them to keep their mouths shut about this.我警告他们对此事要守口如瓶。
- have a big mouth嘴不严;爱泄露秘密 ;吹牛
- watch your mouth/tongue 说话当心
- down in the mouth闷闷不乐;沮丧
8.nose /nəʊz $ noʊz/ 鼻子
- big/small/long/straight大鼻子/小鼻子/长鼻子/笔直的鼻子
- a runny nose流鼻涕的鼻子
- a blocked nose堵塞的鼻子
- keep your nose clean循规蹈矩;不做违法的事
e.g.Since leaving prison, he's managed to keep his nose clean.自从出狱以来,他已做到规规矩矩。
- follow your nose一直向前走;凭直觉办事
- have a nose round 环视(某地);在(某地)寻找
免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com