英语中形容词修饰的顺序(英语中形容词的正确顺序)
Oh, hello.,下面我们就来聊聊关于英语中形容词修饰的顺序?接下来我们就一起去了解一下吧!
英语中形容词修饰的顺序
Oh, hello.
嗨,大家好。
I'm Oli.
我是奥利。
Welcome to Oxford Online English.
欢迎来到牛津大学在线英语课程。
Sorry, I'm just standing here.
抱歉,我就是在这里站站。
I'm drinking a cup of a strong Italian black coffee.
我在喝一杯浓缩意大利黑咖啡。
Wait, is it black Italian strong coffee?
等一下,是意大利浓缩咖啡吗?
That doesn't sound right.
听起来不太对劲啊。
Italian black strong coffee?
意大利黑浓咖啡?
Anyway, in this lesson you can learn how to put adjectives in the right order.
无论如何,在本节课中你可以学到如何将形容词按正确的顺序排列。
Let's go back to the example I was having so many problems with.
让我们回到我犯错误的那个例子吧。
You want to use the words "coffee," "black," "Italian," and "strong" all together.
单词“coffee”、“black”、“Italian”和“strong”出现在一个句子里。
They can go in many different orders.
它们可以有很多不同的顺序。
Which is correct?
哪个是对的呢?
"Strong black Italian coffee," "Strong Italian black coffee," "Black strong Italian coffee," "Black Italian strong coffee," "Italian black strong coffee," or "Italian strong black coffee?" What do you think?
浓黑意大利咖啡、浓意大利黑咖啡、黑浓意大利咖啡、黑意大利浓咖啡、意大利黑浓咖啡,还是意大利浓黑咖啡?你怎么觉得呢?
Is there only one possibility, or is there more than one right answer?
是不是只有一种可能性,还是有不止一个正确的答案呢?
Think about it.
思考一下。
There is only one possibility, "strong black Italian coffee." Do you know why this is the right answer?
只有一种可能性,那就是“浓黑意大利咖啡”。您知道为什么这个是正确答案吗?
In English when we use several adjectives before a noun, the adjectives have to go in a particular order.
在英文中,如果我们在名词前使用多个形容词的话,那它们的顺序就是固定的。
Of course your meaning will still be clear if you make a mistake with adjective order.
当然,如果你在形容词顺序上犯了错误的话,你要表达的意思仍然是清楚的。
It's not a big problem.
这并不是一个大问题。
However, it is very noticeable especially to native speakers if someone makes a mistake with adjective order.
但是,如果有人在形容词顺序上犯了错误的话,对英语母语者来说是很明显的。
So if you want your English to sound correct and natural, you need to learn how to use adjectives in the correct order.
所以,如果你想要自己的英文听起来正确且自然的话,你需要学习如何使用正确的形容词顺序。
Let's start with a simple rule that you can use.
让我们从你可以使用的一条简单规则开始吧。
Rule number one: opinions go first, facts go second.
规则一:观点第一,事实第二。
The full rules for adjective order, which you'll see in a minute, are complicated and not very practical.
大家待会看到形容词词序的完整规则,但是它很复杂, 并不实用。
However, there is a simple rule which you can use.
但是,有一个简单的你可以使用的规则。
Adjectives which describe an opinion go before adjectives which describe a fact.
描述观点的形容词置于描述事实的形容词之前。
For example, adjectives like 'nice', 'beautiful', 'useful', or 'delicious' all describe opinions.
例如,形容词如“nice”、“beautiful”、“useful”、“delicious”都描述的是意见。
Just because you describe something as delicious, it doesn't mean that everybody will agree with you.
虽然你描述某件东西说它很美味,但是并不意味着每个人都会同意你。
Adjectives like 'big', 'new', 'green', or 'silk' describe facts.
形容词如“big”、“new”、“green”和“silk”描述的是事实。
Take a second, try to think of some more adjectives which describe opinions or facts.
花点时间,试试想出来更多的描述观点或事实的形容词。
Think about it.
思考一下。
Now let's see our rule in action with some examples.
现在让我们用一些例子来看看我们的规则的实际运用吧。
"They live in a beautiful old house on the edge of the city." "We had some delicious Korean food with some friends." "Why are you wearing those ugly purple trousers?" "She has an interesting new perspective on the economic situation." In all of these sentences, we used two adjectives before a noun, and you can see that the adjective of opinion goes first and the adjective of fact goes second.
“他们住在城市边缘的一座漂亮的老房子里。”“我们和朋友吃了一些美味的韩国食品。”“你为什么穿那条难看的紫色裤子?”“她对经济形势提出了一个有趣的新视角。”在所有这些句子中,我们在一个名词之前用了两个形容词,你可以看到描述观点的形容词在前,事实形容词在后。
Rule two: general ideas go before specific ideas.
规则二:一般概念置于特定的概念之前。
There's another general rule which works well if you don't know the correct word order.
如果你不知道正确的单词顺序的话,还有另一个效果很好的通用规则。
Adjectives which describe a general idea go before adjectives which describe a specific idea.
描述通用概念的形容词要置于描述特定概念的形容词之前。
For example, if you say, "A long wooden table." The word 'long' is more general.
例如,如果你说“长木桌子”的话。“Long”这个词是更加通用的。
Many things can be long in many different ways.
很多东西在很多不同的方面都可以是很长的。
A street can be long, a story, or a speech can be long.
一条街可以很长,一个故事、或一个演讲都可以很长。
You can have a long day and so on.
你可以度过漫长的一天等等。
'Wooden' is more specific.
“Wooden”更加特定。
Generally speaking, something can only be wooden if it's actually made of wood.
通常来说,如果某个东西是用木头做的的话,它只能是木制的。
So we put 'long' first and we say, "A long wooden table." Can you think of any other adjectives which have a general meaning?
所以我们把“long”放在前面,说“长木桌子”。你能想到其他一般性的形容词吗?
Adjectives like 'old', 'hot', or 'small' all have a general meaning because they can be used with many different meanings to describe many different things.
形容词如“old”、“hot”或“small”都是一般性的含义,因为它们可以用许多不同的含义来描述许多不同的事情。
On the other hand, adjectives like 'green', 'French' or 'straight' are more specific.
相反呢,形容词如“green”、“French”或“straight”意思更加具体。
If something is green, that's quite a specific idea.
如果有东西是绿色的,那就是非常具体的。
Okay, let's see this rule in action with some examples.
好的,让我们通过一些例子来看这条规则的实际应用吧。
"He works for a small Canadian company." "I love these old black-and-white films." "We bought a new leather sofa for the living room." "I need to buy a really warm woolly hat." Again, we used two adjectives with each noun.
“他在一家小型加拿大公司工作。”“我喜欢这些老式的黑白电影。”“我们为客厅买了一个新的皮沙发。”“我需要买一顶非常温暖的毛线帽。”同样地,我们用了两个形容词来修饰名词。
In each case, the adjective with a more general meaning goes first, and the adjective with a more specific meaning goes second.
在每个例子钟,比较通用的形容词都置于前,有特定意义的形容词则放在后面。
Okay, point three, let's look at the full rule.
好的,第三点,让我们来看看完整的规则吧。
We said before that the full rule for adjective order is quite complicated.
我们之前说过完整的形容词顺序规则很复杂。
I'm showing you just for your interest.
我将为感兴趣的朋友们展示一下。
Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
The full rule is: opinion, size, other qualities, age, color or pattern, nationality and then material.
完整的规则是:观点、大小、其他的品质、存在时间、颜色或图案、国籍,然后是材料。
Okay?
这样可以理解吗?
So we could say for example, "She bought a beautiful long warm new black-and-white striped Italian silk scarf." We have opinion, 'beautiful'; the size, 'long'; another quality, 'warm'; an age, 'new'; a color, 'black-and-white'; a pattern, 'striped'; nationality, 'Italian'; and the material, 'silk'.
我们可以举些例子:“她买了一条漂亮的、长长的、温暖的、新的、黑白条纹意大利丝绸围巾。”我们有:观点“beautiful”,大小“long”,品质”warm“,新旧“new”,颜色“black-and-white”,图案“striped”,国籍“Italian”和成分材料“silk”。
So, do you need to know this rule?
那么你需要了解这个规则吗?
No, not really.
不,不一定。
First of all, it's too complicated.
首先,它太复杂了。
You can't carry this around in your head and use it when you speak.
你并不能记住它,并在说话时灵活使用。
Secondly, it's very rare that we use more than two or three adjectives with a noun; it almost never happens.
其次,使用两个或三个以上的形容词去修饰名词是很少见的;我们几乎从来不会这么用。
And three, native speakers don't always follow these rules, especially when there are more than two or three adjectives.
再次,英语母语人士并不总是遵循这些规则,特别是当有超过两个或三个形容词时。
So it doesn't matter so much what you do in those cases.
所以在这些情况下,你说成什么样子并不是什么大问题。
However, this doesn't mean that adjective order doesn't matter, it does.
但是,这并不意味着形容词顺序不重要,它还是很重要的。
If you make a mistake like, "She has black straight short hair," this sounds a bit strange, a bit wrong, and native speakers will hear and notice mistakes like these.
如果你犯了一个错误的话,比如你说“她拥有黑直短发”,这听起来会有点奇怪,不太对,母语人士听到的时候会注意这些错误。
Okay, part four, let's look at some advice you can use, and let's review what we've talked about.
好的,第四部分,让我们来看看对你有用的建议,回顾一下我们这节课谈论的内容吧。
Point one: trust your instinct.
第一点:相信你的直觉。
If it sounds right, it probably is.
如果听起来是对的,可能就是对的。
If it sounds wrong, it probably is.
如果听起来不对,那可能就是不对的。
Point two: remember the basic rules: general before specific, opinion before fact.
第二点:记住基本规则:通用的置于特定的之前,摆观点的置于事实之前。
These rules can help you in most of the situations you will meet in everyday speaking.
这些规则可以在日常生活所遇到的大多数情形中帮到你。
That's the end of the lesson.
本节课程到此结束。
Thanks very much for watching.
非常感谢大家观看。
I hope you found it useful.
希望大家觉得这节课有用。
Do you want some more practice with this?
大家想要更多的练习吗?
Well, check out the full version of the lesson on our website, oxfordonlineenglish. com.
好的,那就到我们的网站:oxfordonlineenglish看一下我们课程的完整版本吧。
You can also see many other free English lessons.
你还可以看到许多其他免费的英文课程。
That's all for today.
今天的全部课程就是这些了。
Thanks again!
再次感谢!
I'll see you next time.
下次见。
Bye-bye!
再见!
,免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com