每日阅读小短文英语(每日英语-10)
A funny thing happened on the way to school
在上学的路上发生了一件有趣的事
Last Friday it was very windy.
上周五风很大。
I was walking down the street with my friend John.
我和我的朋友约翰走在街上。
We were having a difficult time walking against the wind.
我们在逆风行走时遇到了困难。
The wind was pushing against us, and we felt the force of it pressing against us.
风向我们吹来,我们感觉到它的力量向我们袭来。
We even had a hard time breathing.
我们甚至呼吸困难。
We were walking slowly.
我们走得很慢。
We watched the leaves as they danced and twirled in the wind.
我们看着树叶在风中跳舞旋转。
We watched a plastic bag as it flew by us.
我们看着一个塑料袋从我们身边飞过。
We saw a little boy whose baseball cap flew right off his head.
我们看到一个小男孩,他的棒球帽从他的头上飞了下来。
His cap flew along the sidewalk, and he had to chase it.
他的帽子在人行道上飞舞,他不得不追着它。
He finally caught it, and he held it in his hands tightly after he got it back.
他终于抓住了它,他把它拿回来后紧紧地握在手里。
The trees were swaying frantically.
树木疯狂地摇晃着。
Their branches swished and waved in the wild wind.
他们的树枝在狂风中嗖嗖地摆动。
John and I were hit by flying bits of paper and leaves.
约翰和我被飞来的纸片和树叶击中。
We laughed when a garbage can lid rolled along and hit John in the leg.
当一个垃圾桶盖滚来打在约翰的腿上时,我们笑了。
We saw another garbage can rolling along the road as if it was alive.
我们看到另一个垃圾桶在路上滚动,好像它还活着。
Everything was moving because of the wind.
因为风,一切都在移动。
Then, the funniest thing happened.
然后,最有趣的事情发生了。
I wasn’t paying any attention, and a paper bag came flying up the street toward us.
我没注意,一个纸袋从街上飞向我们。
It hit me right in the face and covered my whole face.
它打在我的脸上,覆盖了我的整个脸。
At first, I didn’t know what had happened.
起初,我不知道发生了什么事。
I was blinded.
我被蒙蔽了双眼。
I couldn’t see where I was going.
我不知道我要去哪里。
I stopped and held out my hands.
我停下来伸出双手。
When I stopped, the bag fell off my face.
当我停下来时,包从我脸上掉了下来。
I looked at John.
我看着约翰。
He was laughing very hard.
他笑得很厉害。
He was laughing so hard that tears were rolling down his cheeks.
他笑得太厉害了,眼泪都流了下来。
He said that I looked very funny with the brown paper bag stuck to my face.
他的脸上贴着一个棕色的纸袋,看起来很滑稽。
I started to laugh too.
我也开始笑了。
We laughed about it all the way to school.
我们在上学的路上一直笑着。
John said that he wished he had a camera.
约翰说他希望他有一个照相机。
He would have taken a picture of me with the bag on my face.
他会给我拍一张脸上带着包的照片。
,免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com