第五人格蜘蛛的所有皮肤(flyingcolors非常出色comeup)

(Tom arrives home.),接下来我们就来聊聊关于第五人格蜘蛛的所有皮肤?以下内容大家不妨参考一二希望能帮到您!

第五人格蜘蛛的所有皮肤(flyingcolors非常出色comeup)

第五人格蜘蛛的所有皮肤

(Tom arrives home.)

Tom: "Hey."

Lynette: "Hi. So, what's the word on Tim?"

蒂姆的情况怎么样?

Tom: "He came through the triple bypass with flying colors."

他心脏搭桥手术很成功。

come through(重病后)康复;避免受严重伤害

triple adj. 三倍的,三方的,

bypass n.支路;旁道;心脏搭桥手术,旁通管手术

the triple bypass三重心脏搭桥术

with flying colors 非常出色(来形容某人轻松出色地完成某事,像测验或考试)

flying colors是航海术语,字面意思是“迎风飘扬的旗帜”,现表示“显著的胜利,巨大的成功”。 其中colors指在战舰桅杆上飘扬的海军军旗或三角旗。当一艘战舰和敌舰进行遭遇战胜出以后,该舰的军旗仍然迎风飘扬,这说明该舰没有受到严重的创伤,即获得完全的胜利。

He passed the College English Test band with flying colors last year.

他去年高分通过大学英语四级考试。

Lynette: "Thank god."

感谢上帝。

Tom: "of Course, it's not all coming up roses. He's not going to be able to come back to work for four, four and a half months."

当然没那么顺利。他得4个半月以后才回来上班。

come up roses渐入佳境;进展顺利

Everything is coming up roses.

一切都会顺利的。

事情渐渐水落石出

一切突然都变得称心如意

They encountered a lot of difficulties at the beginning of the project, but now it’s coming up roses.

他们在计划一开始的时候遇到许多困难,但现在已经渐入佳境了。

Lynette: "Oh."

(Tom sits down at the table with a beer, clearly very happy.)

Lynette: "What?"

想说什么?

Tom: "The company still needs to expand, so I figure they need a fit, heart-smart guy like me to step up, take the ball."

公司业务还在扩大中,我觉得他们需要一个像我一样健康的聪明的家伙挺身而出,接过重担。

Lynette: "You're going after Tim Doogan's promotion?"

你想得到和杜根一样的职位?

Tom: "No. I already got it. You should've seen me. I walked straight into Peterson's office and I told him he would be a fool to hold Doogan's promotion."

不,我已经得到了。你真该看看我今天的样子。我直接冲进彼德森的办公室告诉他,要是如果给杜根升职的话就太蠢了。

Lynette: "You called your boss a fool?"

你说你老板蠢?

Tom: "I did. That was risky in retrospect, but you know what? Still, he gave me the job. Look at me. It's me, I'm the man, I got the whole west coast."

现在回想起来有点险。你知道吗?他还是把这份工作给莪了。看着我,就是我。我就是那个成功的人,我得到了整个西海岸。

risky adj. 冒险的

retrospect

n.回顾;追溯

v.回顾;回想;追溯

In retrospect it was a nightmare.

回想起来,真是一场恶梦。

Lynette: "Oh my -- what? What? The whole west coast? I thought you were going after an in-house position."

喔,什么?整个西海岸。我以为是在总部的职位。

Tom: "No, no, no. I'm setting up new offices from Seattle to L.A. I, I told you that."

不,要新建立公司,由我负责从西雅图一直拓展到洛杉矶。我跟你提过。

Lynette: "No. No, you didn't."

不,你没有。

Tom: "Okay, so it's gonna be a little bit more travel."

行了,这是会导致出差多那么一点点。

Lynette: "More travel? Tom, you're barely here half the time as it is. Now you're going to have -- what, twice the work load?"

一点点?你现在都一半时间不在家了。现在你又要,什么,两倍的工作量。

Tom: "Honey? Please, don't ruin this."

亲爱的,千万别毁了这个机会。

Lynette: "I'm sorry, but you should have consulted with me."

很抱歉,你真该先和我商量的。

Tom: "I did. You told me to stop being a shrinking violet and to step up."

我说过。你跟我讲不要做个怯弱的人要勇敢战出来。

Lynette: "I thought this was an in-house position."

我以为是在总部的职位。

Tom: "Okay, I'm going to go shower."

好了,我去冲个澡。

Lynette: "Look, wait, wait. I know what this means to you."

等等。我知道那对你意味着什么。

Tom: "No, you don't. No, you don't. I am forty-one years old. If I don't make vice president now, it's never gonna happen. This is my career. It's, it's important to me."

不,你不知道。我41岁了。如果我现在当不上副总裁,这辈子就没机会了。这是我的职业对我意义重大。

Lynette: "So was mine, but I'm here, aren't I?"

我也是啊。可我辞职在家,难道我就没牺牲吗?

Tom: "I'm gonna take the job."

我还是要接受这份工作。

(He goes upstairs.)

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页