常用的职场英语表达(团队工作必备英语)

Hi. I'm Martin, Welcome to Oxford Online English!,我来为大家科普一下关于常用的职场英语表达?下面希望有你要的答案,我们一起来看看吧!

常用的职场英语表达(团队工作必备英语)

常用的职场英语表达

Hi. I'm Martin, Welcome to Oxford Online English!

你好。 我是马丁,欢迎来到牛津大学在线英语课程!

In this business English lesson, you can learn useful language to talk about collaborative projects and working in a team.

在本节商务英语课程中,你可以学到有用的语言来谈论协作项目和团队工作。

You'll learn words and phrases to talk about teamwork, assigning tasks, staying on schedule and more.

你将学习谈论团队合作、分配任务、按时完成等的单词和短语。

Do you find it difficult to listen to English for long periods?

你是否觉得长时间听英语很困难呢?

No problem — use the English subtitles to help yourself understand!

没问题的——使用英文字幕来帮助自己理解吧!

Turn them on now; just click the 'CC' button in the bottom right of your video player.

现在就可以打开;只需点击视频播放器右下角的“CC”按钮。

Or, on mobile, click the settings button.

如果是在移动设备上的话,请单击设置按钮。

Now, let's get started with the first part of your lesson.

现在,让我们开始课程的第一部分吧。

In many workplaces, you might be asked to join a team project.

在很多工作场所,你可能会被要求加入团队项目。

Sometimes the project involves colleagues from the same department, but you may also work with people from different departments or even different companies.

有时项目涉及来自同一部门的同事,但你也可能与来自不同部门甚至不同公司的人一起工作。

Here's a question for you.

这里有一个问题要问你。

Look at a phrase with a missing word.

来看一个缺少单词的短语。

There are many verbs you could use here.

你可以在这里使用很多动词。

How many can you think of?

你能想到几个?

Pause the video and see how many you can get.

暂停视频,看看你能想到多少。

There are many, but here are some common possibilities.

其实是有很多的,但这里有一些常见的。

You can 'form a team', create a team', or 'build a team' — these all have a similar meanings.

你可以“组建一个团队”,“创建一个团队”,或者“建立一个团队”——这些含义相似。

You'll hear phrases like 'form a team', create a team', and 'build a team'.

你可以听到诸如“组建团队”、“创建团队”和“建立团队”之类的短语。

You may even be asked to lead a team.

你甚至可能被要求领导一个团队。

In this situation, you might say you 'run the team' or 'head the team'.

在这种情况下,你可能会说“管理团队”或“领导团队”。

You can also say that you are the team lead.

你也可以说你是团队负责人。

Let's listen to a dialogue about two colleagues who have just started working together on a project.

让我们听听两位刚开始合作一个项目的同事的对话。

While you listen, see if you can hear two more expressions.

听的时候,看看你能不能再听到两个表达。

One: an expression for joining a team project.

一:加入团队项目的表达。

Two: an expression for working together on a project.

二:共同完成一个项目的表达。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

Watch the dialogue now.

开始看对话吧。

It's great to have you on board for this project.

很高兴你加入这个项目。

Glad to be here!

很高兴来到这里!

I think it's good to join forces on this.

我认为我们一起合作是很棒的。

By the way, who else is going to be involved?

顺便说一句,还有谁会参与其中呢?

Well, as you know, I'm the team lead, but Sarah, Mark and Jennifer are also going to be working with us.

好的,如您所知,我是团队负责人,但萨拉、马克和詹妮弗也将与我们一起工作。

Oh really?

真的吗?

That… Er… Something wrong?

那……额……有什么不对的吗?

Well, I'm not sure if you know, but Mark and Jennifer don't get along too well.

好吧,我不确定你是否知道,但马克和詹妮弗相处得不太好。

There have been issues previously… Really?

他们之前有过过节……真的吗?

I wasn't aware of that.

我不知道哎。

What's the issue between them?

他们之间有什么问题呢?

Well, Mark isn't a team player.

嗯,马克不是一个团队合作者。

He tends to do his own thing.

他倾向于自己做自己的事。

Well, we need the team to gel for this project.

好的,我们需要团队合作为这个项目做好准备。

I'll talk to them, and if they can't commit to working together, then I'll try to find someone else.

我会和他们谈谈,如果他们不能一起工作的话,那么我会试着找其他人。

Did you hear the expressions?

你听到这些表达了吗?

Let's look at them together.

让我们一起来看看吧。

The expression for joining a team project was 'on board'.

加入团队项目的表达方式是“on board”。

You heard 'it's great to have you on board for this project'.

你听打了“很高兴你能参与这个项目”。

You can use this phrase in other ways.

你可以以其他方式使用这个短语。

For example: 'how many people have you got on board already?' Meaning: how many people are already on the team?

例如:“已经有多少人加入了?”意思是:团队中有多少人?

The expression for working together on a project was 'join forces'.

在一个项目上合作的表达是“联合力量”。

The sentence was 'I think it's good to join forces on this.' In the dialogue, you heard Mark's name mentioned.

这句话是“我认为我们一起合作是很棒的。”在对话中,你听到提到了马克的名字。

Can you remember what was said about him?

你还记得关于他的那些话吗?

You heard 'he isn't a team player'.

你听到了“他不是团队合作者”。

This means that he doesn't work well in a team.

意味着他不擅长团队工作。

You also heard 'he tends to do his own thing', and this means the same — that Mark doesn't work well with other people.

你也听到了“他倾向于自己做自己的事”,意思是一样的——马克不擅长与其他人合作。

You also heard 'we need the team to gel'.

你还听到了“我们需要团队通力合作”。

What does 'gel' mean?

“Gel”是什么意思?

'Gel' means everyone gets on with each other and works well together.

“Gel”意味着每个人都相处融洽,合作得很好。

Here's another example: The project was a disaster.

这是另一个例子:这个项目是一场灾难。

The team never really gelled and there were constant arguments.

团队从来没有真正团结过,而且争论不断。

If you say 'the team never really gelled', you mean that people couldn't work well together.

如果你说“团队从来没有真正团结过”,你的意思是大家不能很好地合作。

When you're working on a team project, you will be given tasks to do or responsibilities to complete.

当你在一个团队项目中工作时,你会被赋予要完成的任务或要履行的责任。

Let's look at the language for these situations now.

现在让我们看看这些情况下使用的语言吧。

A project usually has several tasks, that are shared between team members.

一个项目通常有几个任务,在团队成员之间分担。

You can talk about sharing tasks, or you can talk about allocating tasks.

你可以说分担任务,也可以说分配任务。

They have a similar meaning.

它们具有相似的含义。

A team leader can allocate tasks to team members.

团队领导可以将任务分配给团队成员。

This is called delegating.

这称为委托。

A team lead might prioritise tasks.

团队领导可能会优先考虑任务。

This means that the most important tasks are completed first.

这意味着最重要的任务首先完成。

Let's listen to another dialogue.

我们再听一段对话。

While you listen, think about two questions.

听的时候,思考两个问题。

One: What language does the team lead use for allocating tasks?

一:团队领导使用了什么语言来分配任务?

Two: What language does the team lead use for giving instructions?

二:团队领导使用什么语言下达指令?

Ready?

准备好了吗?

Let's listen.

让我们听一下吧。

There are a few more tasks that need to be completed.

还有一些任务需要完成。

Mark and Sarah are still working on the designs, aren't they?

马克和莎拉还在设计,对吧?

Yeah, and Jennifer is doing the written copy.

是的,詹妮弗正在做书面副本。

Would you be able to sort out the printing?

你能整理一下印刷品吗?

Yes, certainly.

是的,当然了。

I can do that.

我可以的。

It might be best to get the prices first.

最好先了解价格。

Sure.

好的。

I'll phone around and see how much it will be.

我会打电话过去看看多少钱。

Do you think you can do it before the weekend?

你觉得你可以在周末之前完成吗?

Of course.

当然了。

That won't be a problem.

没问题。

How did you get on?

听得怎么样?

Did you notice that the language used sounded very polite?

你是否注意到所使用的语言听起来很有礼貌?

In English, it's usual to give instructions in this polite way.

在英语中,通常以这种礼貌的方式给出指示。

Let's look at the phrases from the dialogue together.

让我们一起来看看对话中的短语。

To allocate the task, the team lead said 'would you be able to sort out the printing?' It sounds like a question, doesn't it?

要分配任务,团队负责人说“你能整理一下印刷品吗?”这听起来像是一个问题,对吧?

But the team lead is allocating a task.

但是团队负责人是在分配任务。

This actually means 'sort out the printing' ; it's not actually a question.

这实际上意味着需要去“整理印刷品”;其实并不是一个问题。

So what language did the team lead use to give instructions?

那么团队领导使用什么语言来下达指令呢?

There were two instructions.

有两条指令。

Can you remember them?

你能记住它们吗?

The first was 'it might be best to get some prices first.' This sounds like a suggestion, but it's actually an instruction.

第一个是“最好先了解一下价格。”这听起来像是一个建议,但它实际上是一个指令。

It means 'get some prices first.' You can use 'it might be best to…' to give instructions or make suggestions in an indirect, polite way.

这意味着“先了解一下价格。”你可以使用“最好是……”以间接、礼貌的方式提供指示或建议。

The second was 'do you think you can do it before the weekend?' Again, the language is very polite, so this sounds like a question.

第二个是“你认为能在周末之前完成吗?”同样地,语言非常有礼貌,所以听起来像是一个问题。

It's an instruction, though.

不过,这是一个指令。

It means 'do it before the weekend.' This is common when you want to be indirect or polite.

意思是“在周末之前做完”。当你想要表现得间接或礼貌时,这很常见。

You might hear 'questions' like 'would you be able to handle the animation work?' Again, these aren't really questions.

你可能会听到诸如“你可以处理动画工作吗?”之类的“问题”。同样,这些都不是真正的问题。

They're polite instructions.

它们是礼貌的指令。

Sometimes you might want to check that you've understood the tasks or check some information.

有时你可能想要检查你是否理解任务或核对一些信息。

Let's look at how to do that next.

接下来让我们看看如何做吧。

Pop quiz: what's a word beginning with 'c' which means to check information, or make something clearer?

小测验:意思是检查信息,或者让事情更清楚的以“c”开头的单词是什么?

Here's a hint: you saw this word on screen a few seconds ago.

提示:几秒钟前你在屏幕上看到了这个词。

The answer is 'clarify'.

答案是“澄清”。

When working in a team, you might need to clarify instructions or other information; you need to check that you've understood what you need to do.

在进行团队工作时,你可能需要澄清说明或其他信息;你需要检查你是否理解你需要做什么。

In this your next dialogue, there are four phrases for checking instructions.

在你的下一个对话中,有四个用于检查说明的短语。

See if you can hear them as you listen.

看看你能不能在听的时候发现它们。

So, when the designs are ready, would you be able to label them?

所以设计准备好之后,你是否能够给它们贴上标签呢?

What exactly do you mean by label them?

你说的给它们贴标签到底是什么意思呢?

Just put headings on them.

只需给它们加上个标题。

Something simple.

简单一点就行。

OK, but I'm still not entirely clear what you're looking for.

好的,但我仍然不太清楚你期待的是什么样子的。

Do you want descriptive titles, or…?

你想要描述性的标题,还是……?

Yes, just a simple title so that we can organise the files and keep track of what's where.

是的,只需要一个简单的标题,以便我们可以组织文件并跟踪文件所在的位置。

Can I just check whether you also want serial numbers on them?

我可以确认一下是否也需要序列号吗?

I do, yes.

是的。

And some sort of reference too, please.

也请提供一些参照。

When you say reference, do you mean a file name?

参照的意思,您是指文件名吗?

Yes.

是的。

So each design will have a heading, a number and a reference.

所以每个设计都有一个标题、一个数字和一个参照。

Sorry, can you just run through that again?

对不起,你能再说一遍吗?

How did you do?

你做得怎么样?

Did you hear any of the phrases for clarifying?

你有没有听到任何澄清的短语呢?

The first one you heard was 'what exactly do you mean by label them?' You can use 'what exactly do you mean by…', to check a specific part of the information.

你听到的第一句话是“你说的给它们贴上标签是什么意思呢?”你可以使用“你的意思是……”来检查信息的特定部分。

For example, 'what exactly do you mean by complete?' The second one in the dialogue was 'can I just check whether you want numbers on them?' You can say 'can I just check whether' or 'can I just check if'.

例如,“您所说的完整是什么意思呢?”对话中的第二个是“我可以确认一下你是否需要数字吗?”你可以说“我可以确认一下吗”或“我可以确认一下吗”。

They mean the same.

意思是一样的。

For example, you could say 'can I just check whether you need hard copies of the contracts?' Or: 'can I just check if you need hard copies of the contracts?' The third one you heard was 'when you say reference, do you mean a file name?' This is another way to check a specific part of the information.

例如,你可以说“我可以确认一下您是否需要合同的复印件吗?”或者:“我可以确认一下您是否需要合同的复印件吗?”你听到的第三个是“你说的参照是文件名的意思吗?”这是检查确认信息特定部分的另一种方法。

You can use this for other things, too: 'when you say …, do you mean…?' For example 'when you say Friday, do you mean this Friday, or next week?' The last one in the dialogue was 'sorry, can you just run through that again?' 'Run through' is a phrasal verb which means to explain or summarise something from beginning to end.

你也可以将其用于其他用途:“您说……的意思是……?”例如,“你说的星期五是指这个星期五还是下周?”对话中的最后一句是“对不起,你能再讲一遍吗?”“Run through”是一个短语动词,意思是从头到尾解释或总结某事。

It's a useful phrase if you want someone to repeat the instructions.

如果你希望有人重复说明以下情况的话,这是一个有用的短语。

What's next?

接下来是什么呢?

You're working on your team project, but how is everything going?

你正在处理你的团队项目,但进展如何呢?

You need to check in and monitor your team's progress.

你需要确认并监控团队的进度。

Let's move on.

让我们继续吧。

I'd like to have regular updates on the project.

我想定期更新项目进度。

No problem.

没问题。

I'll keep you in the loop.

我会让你随时了解情况。

It's important that we keep on schedule, so let me know if there are any issues.

重要的是我们要按计划进行,所以如果有任何问题,请告诉我。

So far, the only issue has been with the children's designs.

到目前为止,唯一的问题是孩子们的设计。

They're taking a lot more time that I expected.

他们那边花费的时间比我预期的要多得多。

Well, we could shelve that idea for now.

好吧,我们可以暂时搁置这个想法。

Then we can stay on track; we can always come back to it later.

然后我们就可以按计划进行; 我们可以稍后再回来看一看。

Ok, that's a good idea.

好主意。

I think it's better if we keep to the deadline.

我认为如果我们遵守截止日期会更好。

I agree. It is.

我同意。好的。

In the dialogue, you heard some expressions related to schedules and deadlines.

在对话中,你听到了一些与日程安排和截止日期相关的表达方式。

Do you remember any?

你能记住吗?

You heard 'keep on schedule', 'stay on track' and 'keep to the deadline'.

你到了“按时完成”、“按计划进行”和“遵守最后期限”。

'Keep on schedule' and 'stay on track' are similar.

“按计划进行”和“按计划进行”是相似的。

They both mean that work is finished on time and you don't fall behind.

它们的意思都是工作按时完成,不会落后。

'Keep to the deadline' means that the whole project will be ready on time.

“按时完成”意味着整个项目将按时准备就绪。

You can use the verb 'stick to' instead of 'keep' with the same meaning.

你可以使用动词“坚持”而不是“保持”,意思相同。

So you can say 'stick to the schedule' or 'stick to the deadline'.

所以你可以说“按时完成”或“遵守最后期限”。

You also heard some expressions relating to monitoring progress in the dialogue.

你还听到了一些有关监督对话进展的表述。

Can you remember?

你能记住什么吗?

Pause the video if you want time to think about it.

如果你需要时间考虑一下,请暂停视频。

Do you know?

你知道吗?

Here are the answers.

答案在这里。

How would you explain the meaning of these phrases?

你会如何解释这些短语的含义?

'I'd like to have regular updates' means you want your team to communicate with you and tell you how the project is going from day to day or week to week.

“我想要定期更新进度”意味着你希望团队与你沟通并告诉你项目每天或每周的进展情况。

'I'll keep you in the loop' means 'I'll keep you informed'.

“我会让你了解情况”的意思是“我会告诉你情况”。

There's an opposite expression 'out of the loop'.

有一个相反的表达“out of the loop”。

If you're out of the loop, you aren't communicating with other team members and you don't know what's going on.

如果你处于局外的话,就是没有与其他团队成员交流,你不知道发生了什么。

Finally, you also heard the expression 'we could shelve that idea for now'.

最后,你还听到了“我们可以暂时搁置这个想法”的表达。

What does this mean?

这是什么意思呢?

If you shelve something, you stop working on it for now.

如果你搁置了一件事情,意思是现在停止工作。

You put it aside, and maybe you come back to it later.

你把它放在一边,也许你稍后会回来继续做。

That's everything.

就这么多了。

Thanks for watching.

感谢观看。

See you next time!

下次见

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页