dark有消极的意思吗(Inthedark除了表示)
Children are sometimes afraid of the dark. But what do you think this expression might mean?
孩子们有时怕黑。但你认为这个短语是什么意思呢?
除了表示“在黑暗中”以外,还可以表示什么呢? 下面我们根据一则对话来猜猜这个短语的意思!
对话理解:
A: What was all that shouting about earlier?
A: 你刚才大喊什么来着?
B: Kim and Craig broke up, but they still have to work together.
B: 金姆和克雷格分手了,但他们仍然还要一起工作。
A: Wait, Kim and Craig were dating?
A: 等等,金姆和克雷格在约会?
B: How can you be so in the dark with this one? They were always holding hands and making kissy faces…
B: 你怎么能对这件事一无所知呢? 他们经常手牵手,还接吻……
A: Forget I asked!
A:就当我刚刚没问!
总了个结:
When you are “in the dark”, you are not informed about a situation. You don’t have all the facts, or maybe you don’t want all the facts, but you can also be kept in the dark on purpose—by a friend, company or government.
当你“in the dark”时,你不知道情况。你不知道所有的事实,或者你不想知道所有的事实,但是你也可以被朋友、公司或政府故意蒙在鼓里。
in the dark in ðə dɑ:k] 在黑暗中;不为人知;茫然;秘密地
举个例子:
1
Thank you for bringing me the news. I've been living in the dark till now!
谢谢你给我透了个信;我真是蒙在鼓里呀!
2
Even my mother is in the dark about it, to say nothing of me!
这事连我妈都不知道,别说我了!
,免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com