跟我学每日口语(给你的口语加点)
1. Cinderella was head over heels in love with Prince Charming.
灰姑娘深深爱上了白马王子。
head over heels in love: 深深爱上某人、爱得神魂颠倒
2. To get Judy to go out with him, Bob lied and told her that her boyfriend was seeing another woman. "All's fair in love and war", he told himself.
为了约朱迪出去,鲍勃撒谎说朱迪的男友背着她见其他女人。他还对自己说:“在爱情和战争中,一切都情有可原。”
All's fair in love and war: 在爱情和战争中,一切都情有可原。
3. My Grandma likes to dance with me: she's very young at heart.
我奶奶喜欢跟我跳舞:她可真是人老心不老啊!
young at heart: 人老心不老、心态年轻
4. Tom is so handsome – he's a real heart-throb.
汤姆长得很帅,他可真算得上是个“万人迷”。
heart-throb: 迷人的出名男子,大众情人(尤指男演员或歌手)
5. I told my friend that he had upset me and we had a heart-to-heart.
我告诉我朋友说我对他有些意见,我们开诚布公地谈了一次。
heart-to-heart: 坦诚亲切的交谈;谈心
6. My Auntie Susan played Cupid when she introduced my brother to her friend.
苏珊姨妈为我弟和她的朋友牵线,介绍他们认识。
played Cupid: 扮演红娘的角色
7. I had a change of heart and decided not to go on the date.
我改变了主意,决定不去赴约了。
change of heart: 改变主意
8. The witch cackled as she cast her spell on the love potion. "Now the prince will fall in love with me", she said.
在给那瓶爱情魔药施展法术时,巫婆咯咯地笑了起来。“这下王子会爱上我了吧”,她说。
love potion: 爱情魔药
9. Sometimes I think she's lovely, but sometimes I don't like her at all. It's alove-hate relationship.
有时我觉得她很可爱,但是有时候我又一点都不喜欢她。我对她真是又爱又恨啊!
love-hate: 又爱又恨
10. They call each other 'sweetie-pie' and 'cuddle-monster'. They are very lovey-dovey.
他们叫对方“甜甜派”和“乖乖熊”,真是甜得发腻了。
lovey-dovey: 过于情意绵绵的
微信名:每日学英语
daily-english
关注微信,让英语学习成为一种习惯。
,免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com