商务职场英语单词大全(十个让你在职场中显得精明干练的单词)
,我来为大家科普一下关于商务职场英语单词大全?下面希望有你要的答案,我们一起来看看吧!
商务职场英语单词大全
Hello, everyone, and welcome back to "English With Lucy."
大家好,欢迎回到跟着 Lucy 学英语。
Today, we are going talk about 10 words that will make you sound smart at work in English.
今天我们要谈论10个能够让你在工作中听上去很干练的英语单词。
This video is perfect for improving your vocabulary, but if you want to improve your pronunciation and your listening skills even further, then I highly recommend you try the special method of combining reading real books with listening to audiobooks at the same time.
但是如果你想要让你的发音和听力更上一层楼,那么我强烈推荐将看书和在 Audible 上听有声书版本结合的特殊方法。
Let me explain.
我来解释一下。
Take a book you've already read in English or a book that you would like to read in English.
选一本你已经读过了的,或者你想要读的用英语写的书。
I've got lots of recommendations down below in the description box, and read it whilst you listen to its audiobook counterpart on Audible.
我在下面的描述栏里推荐了很多,然后在阅读这本书的同时听有声书的版本。
Reading on its own will not help with your pronunciation.
只是阅读不会帮助你的发音。
The way a word is spelled or written in English doesn't really give you much indication as to how it's pronounced in English.
一个单词的拼法和写法不会告诉你它的读法。
Take a look at this word.
看一下这个单词。
I could pronounce it "/ri: d/."
我可以把它读作/ri:d/。
I could pronounce it "/red/."
我可以把它读作/red/。
If you listen to a word as you're reading it, your brain will start to make connections, and next time you read that word, you'll know how it's pronounced, and next time you hear that word, you'll know how it's spelled.
如果你在阅读一个单词的时候还听到了它的发音,那么你的大脑会开始产生联系,那么下一次你看到这个词的时候,你就知道它的读法了,并且下一次你听到那个词的时候,你就会知道它的拼法、写法了。
This is such an effective method.
这是一个非常有有效的方法。
It's helped so many of my students.
它帮助了很多我的学生。
And the best part is, you can get one free audiobook.
并且最棒的是你可以得到一本免费的有声书。
That's the 30-day free trial with Audible.
那就是 Audible上的 30天免费试用。
All you have to do is click on the link down in the description box and sign up.
你只需要点击描述栏中的链接,然后注册。
I've also got lots of audiobook recommendations down there too.
我在那里也推荐了很多有声书。
Right, let's get started with the 10 words to make you sound smarter at work in English.
好的,我们开始说10个让你在工作中听起来很干练的英语单词吧。
Word number one is mundane.
第一个单词就是单调的。
Mundane.
单调的。
I love this word, and I use it fairly frequently.
我喜欢这个单词,而且我经常使用它。
It's an adjective, meaning very ordinary, lacking excitement, or dull.
这是一个形容词,意思是普通的,缺乏激情的或沉闷的。
Now this is a really good one to use at work because in a professional environment, we're constantly trying to not offend people, aren't we?
这是一个很适合在工作中使用的单词,因为在一个专业的环境中,我们要努力不冒犯到人们,不是吗?
Especially in British workplaces, we don't like to say things directly.
尤其是在英式的职场中,我们不喜欢说话直白。
We like to use other words to express how we really feel.
我们喜欢使用其他的词来表达我们真实的感受。
Now instead of saying something is boring or uninteresting, using the word mundane can be really nice way of showing that you're not interested in something.
所以我们不会说无聊的,或无趣的,使用单调的这个词是表达你对某事不感兴趣的善良的方式。
So, for example, if you wanted to say that you found a previous task or campaign or role very boring and not very exciting and just very average, you could say, "I found the role to be fairly mundane."
所以举个例子,如果你本来想要你觉得之前的一个任务或活动或职位非常无聊,并且一点都不令人兴奋,并且就是很平平无奇,你可以说,“我发现那个职位相当单调。”
It's just not as negative, and you're almost implying that your current role is really extraordinary and exciting.
它没有那么消极,而且你基本上是在暗示你目前的职位真的很超凡绝伦和令人兴奋。
It's also a good word to use in meetings if you've got a lot of boring things to talk about first before you move onto the interesting topic.
如果在继续到有趣的话题之前你有很多无聊的事情要讨论的话,这也是一个很适合在会议中使用的词。
You can say, "Right, let's get all of the mundane tasks out of the way and then we can move onto something interesting."
你可以说:“好的,我们把这些单调的任务搞定,然后再做有趣的事情吧。”
Number two, another beautiful word is accolade.
第二个词,另一个美妙的单词就是荣誉。
Accolade.
荣誉。
This word is a noun, and it means an acknowledgement of merit, or an award or privilege granted as a special honour.
这个单词是一个名词,它的意思是承认优点,或者一项奖励或作为一种特殊荣耀的优待。
It's a really nice way of avoiding the words prize or reward, which are quite mundane.
这是一个回避说奖品或回报的很好的方式,那些词太单调了。
Perhaps you're congratulating someone because they've won an award or a prize and you don't want to repeat those words and you don't want to say something else mundane, like "Well done," or "Wow. Great."
也许你正在恭喜某个人,因为他们赢得了一个奖励或一个奖,而你不想要重复那些词,并且你不希望说像“干得漂亮”或“哇,厉害”这样单调的话。
Saying something like, "That's a tremendous accolade, congratulations" is a really sincere and professional and heartfelt way of congratulating someone.
说像“这是个殊荣,祝贺你”这样的话是一种非常真挚、专业且发自内心的祝贺某人的方式。
Or perhaps you want to emphasise how amazing an achievement is.
或者也许你想要强调成就有多棒。
You could say, "Wow, that's the biggest accolade in the industry."
你可以说:“哇,这是这一行里最大的荣誉。”
Or maybe you're doubting something or someone's merit.
或者你可以说你怀疑某事或某人的优点。
You could say, "Do you think that accolade is deserved?"
你可以说:“你觉得那个荣誉实至名归吗?”
Various options for you.
你有很多种选择。
Let's move onto number three.
我们来说第三个吧。
And number three is capricious.
第三个词是反复无常的。
Capricious.
反复无常的。
This is an adjective, and it means changing mood or behaviour suddenly and unexpectedly.
这是一个形容词,它的意思是突然毫无预兆地改变情绪或行为。
It's basically a nice way of warning someone that somebody is unpredictable and can maybe have a hot temper.
它就是一个警告某人另一个人难以预料,并且可能脾气火爆的很好的方式。
So say you'd like to warn someone in your team that someone else is unpredictable, subject to mood swings, but you don't want to be unprofessional and rude.
所以你想要警告你团队中的某人另一个人难以预料,很情绪化,但是你不想听起来不专业且粗鲁。
You could say, "Robert's known to be a little capricious, so I'm not sure how he'll react to that news."
你可以说:“罗伯特出了名地有点反复无常”,所以我不知道他会如何应对那个新闻。
Or you could use the term to speak about a team or department in general.
或者你可以用这个表达来大体讨论某个团队或部门。
For example, "Despite the capricious nature of our marketing department, the campaign was a roaring success."
比如,“尽管我们的市场部反复无常,这个活动大举成功”。
Number five.
第五个。
This has been used to describe me many times.
这个已经被用来描述我很多次了。
It could be used to describe my hairstyle today.
它可以被用来描述我今天的发型。
It is dishevelled.
那就是衣衫不整的。
Dishevelled.
衣衫不整的。
Note that in American English, this is normally just spelled with one L.
注意在美式英语中,这个词一般只有一个l。
I just thought I would mention it before some smart corrects me, as they always do.
我只是觉得我得在一些聪明人纠正我之前提一下,他们总是这样做。
This is used to talk about someone's clothes, hair, and appearance, and it means untidy or disordered.
这个词被用来谈论某人的衣着、发型和外貌,并且它意味着不整洁或杂乱的。
Hence why I used it to describe my untidy bun, or messy bun, as they call it nowadays.
因此我用它来描述我不整洁的发髻,或者按如今流行的说法,乱糟糟的发髻。
This can be used as a nicer way to comment on somebody's untidy and potentially unprofessional appearance.
这个词可以用来不失礼貌地评论某人不整洁并且很可能是不专业的外表。
You don't want to say, "Oh, you look very messy," or "You don't look professional," 'cause that could be very insulting or it could ruin their confidence.
你不能说:“哦,你看上去很邋遢的”或者“你看上去不专业”,因为这样很侮辱人,或者会毁掉他们的信心。
If a colleague or employee comes into the office looking very messy, very disorderly, you could say something along the lines of, "You're looking a bit dishevelled.
如果某个同事或员工进办公室的时候看上去非常邋遢,你可以像这样说:“你看上去有点衣衫不整。”
"Perhaps you can go and straighten up before the presentation."
“也许你可以在展示之前整理一下仪表。”
What you want to say is clear, but you don't have to use insulting terms.
你要表达的意思很清楚,但是没必要使用侮辱性的话语。
Or perhaps it could be you asking for feedback.
还有一种可能是你在寻求反馈。
Maybe you've come back into the office after lunch and you've had a windy walk to the office.
也许你午饭后刚刚回到办公室,而你是走回办公室的时候刮风了。
You want to know if your hair still looks professional.
你想知道你的头发是否看起来依旧专业。
You could say, "Am I looking a bit dishevelled or am I okay?"
你可以说:“我看起来有点衣衫不整吗,还是看起来还行?”
Better than, "Do I look like a total hot mess or am I looking great?"
这样比你说:“我看起来乱七八糟还是干净整洁?”要好。
Number six is elucidate.
第六个词是阐释。
Elucidate.
阐释。
This means to make something clear or to explain something that was formerly murky or confusing.
这个词的意思是明确某事或解释原本非常晦涩或让人困惑的东西。
And there's no wonder how this word came to be.
这个词是怎么来的一点都不奇怪。
It's derived from lucid, and that itself is derived from the Latin word, excuse my pronunciation, lucre, it sounded more Italian, that, which means to shine.
这个是从lucid清晰的演化而来的,而lucid这个词本身是从拉丁语单词演化来的,请原谅我的发音,lucre,它听起来更像是意大利语,意思是照耀。
This is just a lovely word that you can use instead of explain, which itself is often very overused.
你可以用这个可爱的词去替换解释这个已经被用烂了的词。
It's nice to have an alternative.
有替换的说法总是很好的。
I also think that this word can sound very professional, teetering toward stern.
我还认为这个词听上去很专业,趋向于严厉。
So if you want to be very serious with someone, and you want to ask them to explain themselves, you can ask them to elucidate.
所以如果你想很严肃地对待某人,并且你想要求他们自行解释的话,你可以要求他们阐释。
So if someone's made a bad decision and you want an explanation, you can say, "Please elucidate the reasons for your decision."
所以如果某人做出了一个错误的决定,而你想要一个解释,你可以说:“请阐释你做出决定的理由”。
Or maybe someone's struggling to understand you and you're getting slightly frustrated.
或者也许某人难以理解你,而你感到有点沮丧。
You can say, "You've not understood me.
你可以说:“你完全没理解我的意思。
Allow me to elucidate.
请允许我来阐释。”
"Allow me to explain further."
“请允许我进一步解释。”
Obviously, this was murky.
很显然,之前的内容很晦涩。
Make it more clear.
要让它更明晰。
Number seven.
第七个词。
This one's fun to say.
这个词说起来很有趣。
Exacerbate.
雪上加霜。
Exacerbate.
雪上加霜。
I hope you're all practising at home.
我喜欢你们能在家里练习这个词。
Exacerbate.
雪上加霜。
This is a verb.
这是一个动词。
This means to make a problem or negative situation even worse.
这个词的意思是让一个问题或负面的情况变得更糟。
So this is a great word to use if you're talking about an increasing problem.
所以如果你要谈论一个越来越严重的问题,那么这个词就非常适合了。
For example, "Kerry's redundancy will only exacerbate the staff shortage issue."
比如:“凯丽的解雇只会给员工短缺问题雪上加霜。”
Really, all we've said is, Kerry's redundancy will make the staff shortage problem worse.
说真的,我们所说的意思就是凯丽的解雇只会给员工短缺问题变得更糟。
But exacerbate sounds so much better and more intelligent.
但是使用雪上加霜这个词要好得多。
Another example, "The high prices of raw materials only exacerbated the falling profits."
另一个例子,“原材料的高价只会给不断下降的利润雪上加霜。”
Number eight is quintessential.
第八个词是典范的。
Quintessential.
典范的。
This is an adjective used when something represents the most perfect example or a quality or class.
这个形容词被用来描述某事代表了最完美的范例,或某种品质或阶级。
For example, if a client is looking for a campaign that really represents their culture to a T, as in perfectly, you could say, "Out clients want the campaign to be quintessentially British," or wherever they're from.
比如,如果一个客户正在寻求一个能够完美展示他们文化的活动,那么你可以说:“我们的客户希望这个活动能体现出英国文化的精髓”,或者其它任何一个国家。
Or talking about British traits, "Queuing, along with warm beer and afternoon tea is a quintessentially British trait."
或者在谈论英国特色时,“排队,还有热啤酒,以及下午茶是英国特色的典范。”
Number nine is ubiquitous.
第九个词是无所不在的。
Ubiquitous.
无所不在的。
This means present, appearing, or found everywhere.
这个词的意思是当前的,出现的,或者到处都是的。
If something is ubiquitous, it's everywhere.
如果某事物无所不在,那么它到处都是。
Maybe you can use this in the workplace to talk about something that's on trend.
也许你可以在职场中使用这个词来谈论正在流行的东西。
An example: "Leather is very much on trend this season, as is the ubiquitous denim."
举个例子:“这一季皮革非常流行,就跟无处不在的牛仔服一样。”
Denim is just always around.
牛仔服到处都是。
Or you can use it to discuss something that is overused or is overpresent.
或者你可以用它来讨论某个被过度使用或存在感太强的东西。
For example, "We live in a society where the term risk is ubiquitous."
比如:“我们生活在一个风险无处不在的社会。”
It's just everywhere.
它到处都是。
We're too worried about risks.
我们过于担心风险。
And number 10 is perfunctory.
第十个词是敷衍的。
Perfunctory.
敷衍的。
This is used to speak about an action that is done is a routine manner with little care.
这个词被用来谈论某件事是以一种例行公事,不甚用心的方式完成的。
This is a very good word to use if you want to imply that more care should be taken.
如果你想要表明应该更加小心的时候,这个词就非常适合了。
For example, "Their audit was completed in a perfunctory manner," as in, I wish they had taken more care with their audit.
比如:“他们的审计完全敷衍了事,”言外之意就是我希望他们能够更加小心地进行审计。
Or maybe if you want to warn someone that because an employee has been at a company at a very long time, they're now doing things as if they're a robot, rather than an engaged human being.
或者也许你想要警告某人,因为某个员工已经在某个公司待了很久了,而他们现在做事的样子就好像他们是个机器人一样,而不是一个投入的人类。
For example, "Due to the fact that Anne has done these tasks for many, many years, she now completes them in a perfunctory manner."
比如:“由于安妮做这个工作已经做了很多年了,它现在完成它们的时候很敷衍。”
Right, those were the 10 words that I have chosen for you so that you can appear more professional in the workplace or in a professional environment.
好的,以上就是我为你们挑选出的10个能让你在职场或专业环境中显得更专业的单词。
Feel free to share any more down below in the comments sections.
请随意地在下面的评论区里评论更多的单词。
I love hearing all of your recommendations and suggestions.
我想要听到你们所有人的推荐和建议。
Your homework is to write five sentences using five of these words, your five favourites.
你们的家庭作业就是用以上单词中的五个你最喜欢的单词造五个句子。
If you can, try to make them business-related sentences.
如果可以的话,试着造一些商务相关的句子。
Don't forget to check out Audible and try out that special method of listening to audiobooks whilst reading the book version.
别忘记查看 Audible并且试一试那个把听和读结合起来的特殊方法。
You can get your free audiobook and 30-day free trial by clicking on the link in the description box and signing up.
你们只需要点击描述栏中的链接并注册就是可获得免费的有声书以及30天的免费试用了。
And don't forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
别忘记在我所有的社交媒体上联系我。
I've got my Facebook, my Instagram, my Twitter, and my second channel, my Lucy Bella Earl channel.
我有脸书、INS、推特,还有我的第二个频道 Lucy Bella Earl。
Very funny.
有个很好笑的事。
I've had a lot of comments saying, "Oh my god, you've lost all your subscribers," 'cause people don't realise it's not the English With Lucy channel.
我收到很多评论说:“哦,我的天,你的粉掉光了,因为人们没有意识到这不是跟着Lucy学英语频道。”
I have two channels.
我有两个频道。
And there, I talk about life, and everything that's not to do with English.
在那里我会谈论生活,以及一切与英语无关的事情。
I will see you soon for another lesson.
我们下节课再见。
Muah.
么么哒。
免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com